Second week

Just after waking up, it came up the new that some Marc's friend tried suicide by settling himself on fire - as they say, might have been some love disappointment because he broke up with his girlfriend last Christmas. He is very good friend of Marc, so the start of the week there at our place was a quite sad.

I started this week with an appointment with the IRL's famous Health,Safety&Environment manager - the so famous Peter Martin! Everyone talks about him...to me, he didn't seem such a big character, as everyone told me he was. Bastien came to this meeting as well, since he is new in IRL as well - we need to be aware of all this safety procedures!

At lunch time (more than once), Katrina Gates (the administrator from my department) took me to the post office, bank, so that I could take care of my stuff (open bank account, etc.). Both, she and Ann Manning (science support coordinator) were very nice to me from the beginning.

Something else in which I got involved in (besides football): and it was the tennis! And this is because I have some tennis court less than 50 meters distance from my place! So...Me and Bastien are splitting a half season "ticket" (which gives us permission to go there whenever we want to), which costed about $NZ 50 (aprox. 30 euros each)! The people from this club are very friendly and are willing to teach me.

During this week, I got aso my new mobile (which I bought trough the most famous auction website in NZ). I paid NZ$150 (which included mailing it to me). It is a Vodafone 845 (Android software)...until now, I am quite happy with it...but only got it 1 day ago! :)

I have some more stuff to buy: laptop, car, camera, tennis racket...maybe I will buy some of those trough the same auction website.

Saturday, me and Bastien went to play paintball. To be honest, it is not really my kind of "sport". It was Stephan, a guy from Belgium who invited us to play, together with some friends of him (from UK, Australia and NZ). This stress/adrenaline of getting a shot is really not my style. Besides, I am not really a good shooter! Miss the target most of the times! In the end, almost everyone had some "injuries": bruises, a few blood,...

Afterwards, we went for a drink all together, and, finally, me and Bastien went to walk around Wellington'till the evening. There, we had some dinner, drinks and were enjoying once again, Wellington by night.Actually, we were also lying a bit on the artificial beach near the harbour of Wellington.

Sunday, I was resting a bit, played some tennis (don't tell Bastien, but I kicked his ass!!! :P)...and now, after writing this, I will probably go for some jogging...it is irresistible with such wonderful landscape around this house!!! I promise I will post some very nice pictures here, but still have no camera!!! Or maybe just play some more tennis (getting addicted)...and, then, who knows, some gym (since it is for free)!

No comments:

Post a Comment