Third Week

Have I told you that I've applied for the New Zealand Driving License? So, I did, last week! And it was quite easy - I got the temporary one just after applying - had to pay something like $NZ50, do some sight test and that was it. During this week I got the definitive one, which means "definitely, there is one more danger in NZ roads!". Actually, I have already driven a car from IRL (company where I am working in) and I managed quite well (Katrina Gate was my "driving instructor"). There were a few challenges: driving at the left side of the road, having the driving wheel on the right side of the car (which also means that you have to manage the gears with the left hand) and, finally, automatic (most of the cars are automatic) gears, which makes it one less pedal (I must admit I was willing to break with my left foot).

Oh...I joined a real football team (Wainuiomata Football Club - in the grass, 11 against 11)...went jogging around, and found some football team training. I asked if I could join, and I was very welcomed. Actually, I started in the secondary team...but my goal now is to be selected for the main one! Lets see what can we do.

Wainuiomata A.F.C. in action
Actually, I am starting to have too many sport activities: jogging, gym (inside our place), tennis, indoor football (want to get rid of it...a tournament where I pay to play some very strange football) and football (soccer, as they use to say here).

On friday, there was the farewell party from IRL Summer students! Me and Bastien arrived quite late to the meeting and it was over very early - at about mid night! So, a bit disappointing...we should get used to this schedules!

Besides that, during the weekend, I was sightseeing around Wellington - the botanic garden, the museum of New Zealand (Te Papa, in Maori language), Museum of Wellington, some open air circus and went to an alternative music concert...all this for free, excluding the donnatrions/tips (which are not compulsory). So, kind of cultural weekend!!!

Botanical garden's purpose
Open Air Circus
Concert (alternative music)

4 comments:

  1. Tas a ficar um atleta, já conduzes carros ao contrario, visitas museus... Qualquer dia deixas de beber copos queres ver?! Tenho de ir para ai fazer eu uma cura! Abração

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olha quem e ele...o que e feito? Nao vais emigrar tambem?
    olha, sabes o que te digo? Alem dessas coisas todas, ainda faco um joggingzinho de vez em quando e jogo no clube de futebol 11 da aldeiazinha...qualquer dia perco a cabeca e ainda me inscrevo nos escuteiros, tal como o filho do gajo que descobriu a mulher na cama com um gajo que usava botas de cowboy (pergunta de algibeira: quem e que andava sempre a porrada com os cowboys?!?) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei mate, what’s up?
    You just arrived there and already started to shake things up …sorry about the “piada fácil” (as we say in Portuguese) and the dark humor.
    Here we also have some earthquake with the epicenter in São bento and Belém, and seems that the tornado called Sócrates insist not leave Portugall…hihihihi.
    I’m following the news from that earthquake in Christchurch and now near Wellington, and glad that you are ok.
    Unfortunately not every people could say the same…that’s the nature, the most powerful “god” of all.
    I’m also following your posts and let me tell you this…you Swedish is very good.
    When do you think you are able to write in Ukrainian, as I ask before?
    It’s nice to know that you’re enjoying as blast of this experience, but keep aware for the “sports” more “abichanados”…
    Gym, jogging, Tennis, strange football, cultural weekends in the botanic garden and museums…what the hell happened to you … I think it’s urgent to send you a C130 to extract you to your main land, you start to losing it.
    And when they give you a real man’s sport, you don’t said that’s not you type…
    ooohhhh, paintball its rough, and the soccer here(the normal one not the stange one) its hard …it’s not hard it’s passionate, like I’m always told you to Play, but you never listen to me….you really are a TONI.
    But one thing you remain the same, aim never was for you…I don’t know how you can score 4 times in jus one play. Probably it’s because you are new down there.
    I expect that you new team, Wainviomat, it’s better than our Sporting, that’s gone from bad to worst.
    Well my friend the news from here are the same, steel working to get about of CM, as soon as possible, the door’s are closed once again, and my little boy it’s getting bigger and must more funnier.
    He just what us to shake it, through him in the air, do some monkey faces, and things like that.
    It’s the new future Andrade’s generations for football (the real soccer).
    keep us informed of your adventures and misadventures.
    GRANDE ABRAÇO EM PORTUGUÊS
    RA
    PS – One other thing, what’s your idea using a Phone with my software?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, mate!!! :)
    Como e, Toni(scas)? Entao mas agora deste em escrever-me em ingles? Para ucraniano, escreves muito bem - nem se nota o aquele sotaque tipico russo!!! :D
    Olha...tu, aqui, serias a estrela dos Wellington Phoenix (a melhor equipa neozelandeza), e que joga no campeonato australiano!!! :P Bem, mas tens razao, as vezes eu pareco um menino a jogar a bola (excepto quando tomo aquelas cenas nos balnearios)! :P
    Entao e o grande Afonsinho, sempre em alta, ja vi - fico muito feliz por ele e pelos papas! Entao e ele ja manda uns bitaites? Em portugues, ucraniano ou ingles? :P
    FORTE ABRAÇO (com cedilha)
    JS
    P.S. - Relativamente ao teu software, tens de ter cuidado com a patente, que a google anda para ai a reivindicar direitos de autor, oh o camandro!!! :D

    ReplyDelete